Astrology is a very interesting subject.
When I was studying and practising Yoga
I also engaged myself with the basics of astrology.
There is no doubt that certain human characteristics are
true as mentioned in the twelve signs of the zodiac.
Back in 8000 BC man in his primitive state lived in
dangerous circumstances looking to the heavens for
directions to conduct his difficult life.
Not knowing anything else, he believed that the stars
were the Gods who controlled everything happening
Even today we believe that the Moon regulates certain
movements in nature.
Man then started noticing the big bright bodies
in the sky we call Planets today:
Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter
and Saturn; which represented powerful Gods
in the ancient years.
Later on, these Gods and Planets formed what
we know as Astrology.
Since the very ancient years (Ice Age), when
man started being aware of the Moon until around
300 years ago, when the way of thinking started
changing, Astronomy and Astrology were the same subject:
to predict the way distant forces influence our life on earth.
It all started with the Chaldeans who were
discerning mathematicians, and later the
Babylonians and the Egyptians.
They all believed that the movements of the
planets could reveal the future.
Greek astrology started around 250 BC by
a Babylonian astrologer.
During the next 400 years the Greeks adjusted the
original Chaldean astrology to fit the Greek traditions.
The Greeks found out how to calculate people’s destinies
based on the time of their birth.
Together with the Greeks, the great Egyptian mathematician
and astronomer Ptolemy established the Planets, Houses
and Signs of the zodiac as we know it today.
Since prehistoric times each sign of the zodiac
related to a specific area of the body.
Later on they believed that through polarity
there was a relationship between the signs and
the nervous system.
Also they believed that the planets were connected
with a specific part of the body, as follows:
1) The Sun – Fire – Leo – Rules the Heart, Spine, Back.
2) Venus – Air – Libra – Rules the Kidneys.
3) Pluto – Water – Scorpio – Rules the Sexual Organs.
4) Saturn – Earth – Capricorn – Rules the Knees, Bones, Teeth.
5) Neptune – Water – Pisces – Rules the Feet.
6) Mars – Fire – Aries – Rules the Head.
7) Venus – Earth – Taurus – Rules the Throat, Neck.
8) Mercury – Air – Gemini – Rules the Nerves, Arms, Shoulders, Lungs.
9) The Moon – Water – Cancer – Rules the Stomach, Digestive System.
10) Mercury – Earth – Virgo – Rules the Nervous System, Intestines.
11) Jupiter – Fire – Sagittarius – Rules the Liver, Hips, Thighs.
12) Uranus – Air – Aquarius – Rules the Circulation.
The above mentioned parts of the body are the most sensitive, and people
falling under the corresponding sign will mostly suffer from problems
relating to them.