Today I am giving you my exciting menu for
your best Valentine’s evening.
It is very easy and quick to prepare so you don’t
waste a lot of time in the kitchen.
It is very light to eat so you don’t feel heavy or full afterwards;
leaving you feeling relaxed to proceed with other pursuits ….
And it is all accompanied by the finest drinks to enjoy.
Caviar on Crackers
50gr Salmon caviar
4 Oat small crackers
4 Kalamata olives
1) Put 2 crackers in 2 side plates.
2) Divide the caviar among the 4 crackers.
3) Cut the olives in half and remove the seeds.
4) Place 1 half olive on each cracker.
Accompany with fine Champagne.
My favourite is a dry Veuve Clicquot Vintage or Privee
Duck Breasts in Blackberry Sauce
2x130gr Fresh duck breasts
8-10 Fresh baby sweetcorn
100gr Fresh Blackberries
60ml Blackcurrant juice
16 Fresh Blackberries
1) Place the duck breasts in a tin with a little water and oil
and cook in the oven at 220C for 40 minutes turning once.
2) Purée and sieve the blackberries.
3) Combine the puréed berries and blackcurrant juice in a pot
SS and boil until lightly thickened.
4) Divide the sauce on two serving plates.
5) Slice and fan the breasts onto the sauce.
6) Garnish each plate with 4 corns and 8 blackberries between
SS(as in my picture).
Accompany with a rich Shiraz wine.
My favourite is Two Hands Lily’s Garden McLaren Vale in Australia
Berry Jelly and Ice Cream
100gr Mixed berries fresh or frozen
200ml Cherry juice
2 Fine gelatine leaves
Rich cream ice cream
1) Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes.
2) In a pot heat the cherry juice.
3) Transfer the gelatine removing any water to the simmering juice.
4) Leave for two minutes to dissolve stirring occasionally.
5) Divide the berries into two bowls and pour the juice in them.
6) Leave in the refrigerator for a few hours to thicken.
7) Serve by dipping the bowls in hot water to loosen the jelly
and turn them in to side plates.
8) Top the jellies with the rich ice cream.
My favourite rich dark chocolates : Aphrodite Handmade Chocolate Pods 80% Cacao
My favourite traditional licqueur: Drambuie
Have an exciting Valentine!