The day began hot with a bright sunshine.
After walking down the stairs we stopped outside the gates.
“Do you want me to give you a lift home?”
he asked. “I’m happy to walk” she replied.
He took her arm and headed for the shady park.
They walked casually towards the pond and sat down on a bench.
She turned and looked into his eyes.
He looked shy and sensitive…..
Bronzed skin is not only healthy-looking and very attractive
but also it is the body’s mechanism to protect itself against burning.
However protecting ourselves from the sun completely is
harmful because we need the Vitamin D to optimise our health.
The only natural source of this vital nutrient is the sun’s UVB rays,
which convert the cholesterol in our skin to Vitamin D.
1) Put a high SPF sunscreen and smooth it on gently until it is well absorbed;
even when it is cloudy, because UV light passes through the clouds.
Re-apply as necessary.
2) Wear a wide-brimmed hat to protect the head and fact.
3) Wear dark wraparound glasses to protect the eyes.
4) Eliminate stress to keep your immune system strong.
5) Take anti-oxidant supplements (Vitamins A, C, E and Selenium)
6) Eat anti-oxidant foods for extra protection.
7) Protect the lips with a high SPF lipscreen.
8) Sit in the shade to cut, at least, half of the UV burning exposure.