A pair of wood pigeons are kissing on my grass among
the golden fallen leaves… the female is now moving away
slowly leaving the male “shocked”!
A very cloudy day, today, and closing fast for rain.
I went outside to feel the atmosphere.
The earth was breathing heavily, and I could smell
the dampness in the air.
So simple and so refreshing!
I took a few deep breaths to revive myself and
went back inside to do something interesting and fulfilling….
a pudding, let’s say!
This is a fruity pudding with a very nice aromatic taste.
150g organic whole spelt flour
75g organic goat butter softened (alkaline, A2 B-casein)
75g dark muscovado sugar
2 organic apples cored and sliced (boron, quercetin, pectin)
2 tablespoons dark muscovado sugar for dusting
1 organic egg beaten
200ml organic brown rice milk (vitamins, minerals)
3 tablespoons ground almonds (vitamins, minerals)
grated rind of 1 lemon
flaked almonds to top the pudding
Organic goat butter for greasing
Spelt flour for dusting
Mixed sweet spices to dust
(I always mix my own spices and herbs.
My sweet spice mixture includes: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice).
1) Mix well together the flour, baking powder and ground almonds.
2) Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
3) Add the egg a little at a time beating well after each addition.
4) Beat in the flour a little at a time alternating with the milk to give a
5) Grease a tin with the butter and dust with the flour.
6) Place the apples in the tin and sprinkle over the sugar and the lemon rind.
7) Spread the pudding mixture over the apples.
8) Sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top of the mixture.
9) Bake in the oven at 180C for around 45 minutes until the surface is
When it is ready remove from the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.
Turn the pudding onto a covered serving dish so the apples at the bottom
are now on the top, and dust liberally with the sweet mixed spice.